Thursday, December 15, 2011

Stressed and overwhelmed.. the MOM syndrome

I know the feeling, kids at home by yourself for hours... You have a million things to do because the Hubby works during many businesses office hours; yet you're expected to do it for the most part because of an innate misunderstanding of what taking care of 2 kids before going to work that night entails.  You're also expected to remember everything, screw up nothing and just be all around amazing.  Sometimes it is good to just remind the Hubby that you are indeed human, and not actually superwoman as he previously imagined. 

Now that I've gotten those thoughts out, I want to tell you what helps me immensely.  Sometimes during the weeks before a move or a new job transition its better to back off on your workout than to burn out on it.  Sometimes as long as you're maintaining your fitness at  minimum of 3 days a week it can really help push you over the hump.  But if you push too hard during a trying time and you may begin to relate relaxing exercise to your stressful daily life (causing you to want to do it less).  Anyways, I've currently cut out most of my weight training and continued running while we pack up and move during the next week or so... I am preventing burnout that I've experienced before and so far so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment