Friday, December 9, 2011

Birthday Cake: Success/Frosting: Epic Fail

So, I decided last night to make a 'clean' eating birthday cake with healthier frosting for my awesome and beautiful hubby last night (pictured at bottom)... Also, I've decided to post my success/epic fail of a birthday cake combination (pictured below).  So the cake actually turned out really well for my first attempt at a heatlhy birthday cake!! Only 50 calories per square and 1 gram of fat and tasted pretty darn close to yellow cake (the hubby approved and he is picky).  However, I did learn a new thing or two about making icing.  Icing involves healthy oil, cocoa powder, and agave syrup.  I thought it was a little thick when I finished adding the above ingredients and decided that adding a little milk would make it perfect!..... quite the contrary actually lol. So, when you add almond milk to the icing recipe (I'll post later) it turns into *drumroll* FUDGE hahaha.  So it became thick and immovable, not spreadable in the slightest.   Both items taste great.. separately.  Anyways, I will be posting my successful cake and fudge recipe later this week!  The original icing (prior to almond milk) was perfect so I will probably post it, as well.  Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment