Sunday, July 7, 2013

The Big Move: Cincinnati, OH!

So, it has been a while since my last post because I have been pretty busy.  After starting my job in Jackson, MS, and working there for over a year and a half my husband's job asked us to move again.  I have no qualms with this, I am a big city girl.  I was very excited for the opportunity to move to a much larger city than we have had the chance to live in.  As I mentioned before, I grew up in New Orleans, so every city I've lived in since moving away has really been a culture shock each time.  I moved from New Orleans, LA to Auburn, AL, a very small college town that has a staggering population of about 20,000 when school is not in session.  Now, everything happens for a reason and I know this because I was lucky enough to meet my gorgeous husband, Ben, while attending Auburn University.  From there, we relocated to his hometown of Huntsville, AL where we lived for about six years.  In Huntsville, AL Ben started a job with an amazing company that needed us to to relocate to Jackson, MS for a store that recently lost a general manager.  After only a year and a half, they realized Ben's talents could better be utilized elsewhere and decided to offer him the general manager position of the store they were building in Cincinnati, OH. Whew!  So, that is where we came from, and we hope this is our last stop.  So far, WE LOVE IT!  Below, I have attached a picture of our view from our balcony.  
Our neighborhood was recently ranked #2 on a list of best in the city.  I have completed a 5k race in downtown Madeira, we have had the pleasure of going to their 4th of July celebration, and even walking around enjoying the small-town feel and scenery.  Here are some pics of the girls in our neighborhood.

Here are a couple of pictures of downtown Cincinnati that I've been able to capture.  I really love the skyline coming in over the bridges from Kentucky.  The majority of the city is really beautiful.  There are tons of trees, manicured gardens, well-kept buildings.  Just beautiful.


On top of all that has happened, I finally landed a career job!  I just started in the recruiting industry.  I LOVE IT!  It has been something that has kept my mind busy and kept me interested.  I am so excited for the future, and motivated to show everyone what I'm made of!  
Lastly,  I have lost weight since we've moved!  I started a running streak because of the Fit Momma Page on Facebook.  For the streak, I was supposed to run at least a mile a day from Memorial Day until Independence Day.  I not only completed my streak but decided to extend it until Labor Day because of the results I had!  Before is actually last Summer (August, I think) and after is two days ago.  I couldn't fit into those white jeans May 15th of this year when I was packing for the beach!  
So, that is a quick rundown of what is going on in my life right now.  Feel free to find me on Facebook or shoot me an email!

No comments:

Post a Comment