Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Working out around your work schedule

So I've recently been hired at a job that has hours from 8-4:30, normal hours right? However, my children can be dropped off at daycare at 630am and picked up by 6pm... I face the dilemma of how I was going to be able to squeeze in my Cardio AND strength training.  I'm sure a lot of people avoid working out entirely because of this conflict but I believe I've come up with a reasonable solution.

So assuming it takes me about 35 min to get ready and I get to the gym at 640am, I would have 25-30 min for a strength workout or even a quick 20 min Cardio session. The great thing about after work workouts is that you don't necessarily have to shower before you pick up your kids, giving you anywhere from 45 min to an hour to get in what you were lacking in the am!  Anyway I begin my job Feb 13th and will be testing my solutions.  Will give you more feedback soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment